Re: Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/7/1999; 12:04:32 PM
Topic:Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

I don't want to dis CORBA, but we were able to get our XML-RPC server running in a matter of weeks, and it's deployed and used in mission-critical applications here (e.g. the software update process for Frontier is XML-RPC-based).

Further, there's a big base of support for XML-RPC, and all those developers could have chosen CORBA, perhaps there's a reason they went with XML-RPC? Finally, the two ways of communicating can and probably will be bridged.

I guess the final point is this -- it may look like we just made the decision to go with XML-RPC, but in fact the decision was made in early 1998 and we've been developing it ever since.