Alexa is using XML

Author:Greg Franklin
Posted:9/20/1999; 11:39:27 PM
Topic:Alexa is using XML

I saw this linked off their home page. The MSIE browser companion is now proclaiming its use of XML to speed itself up while browsing:

http://www.alexa.com/whatsnew/xml.htm

When I looked in my browser cache (Tools | Internet Options... | Settings... | View Files...) after surfing through a few sites, I noticed a number of interesting cached files under the "http://msapache.alexa.com" URLs .... a few .inc's, plus a suspiciously named "xmlParser.js".

Anyone know how Alexa is implementing this?

Greg