XML & OS directory's hierarchy to manage a web directory ?

Author:Mesplé Fabrice
Posted:10/5/1999; 2:52:34 AM
Topic:XML & OS directory's hierarchy to manage a web directory ?

I wonder if using a text file (describing the URL) and the directory's hierarchy of an OS is a good idea to manage the information the way is done in yahoo site.

Obviously there is a restriction of 256 characters max. in path in Windows.

But this could be easily managed by anyone ho knows the basics of using personnal computers.

The text file describing the URL, could be named by the title of the URL (Title of the URL.txt), and it could have inside anything we want for its description:

Then all html pages could be generated using any scripting language.

What do you think ?

Fabrice