Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/17/1999; 7:45:29 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

MSNBC: Mets Beat Braves on Grand Slam in 15th. Believe!

CatchTheWeb is a Windows program for collecting and sharing what you find on the Web.

Brian Carnell: "Does an organization have the right to maintain web pages and serve those up even if the [original] web site doesn't want this?"

Jakob Nielsen: Prioritize: Good Content Bubbles to the Top. "On today's Web, the most common mistake is to make everything too prominent: over-use of colors, animation, blinking, and graphics. Every element of the page sceams 'look at me' (while all the other design elements scream 'no, look at me'). When everything is emphasized, nothing is emphasized."

NY Times: Mets Stay Alive. "With two Olerud at-bats and a gutsy two-out double steal in the eighth inning, the Mets shoved the hammer away for at least a day, coming from behind for a thrilling 3-2 victory that kept their gasping season breathing."