Re: Linux Magazines

Author:Zac
Posted:10/18/1999; 11:52:13 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Whether circulation will go up or not is rather immaterial if you don't have the infastructure to support web and print publishing at the same time.

There are more issues at work here simply dropping your content onto a site. Does the advertising department have a process to deal with web advertising, do the advertisers even want web advertising, does the production department have the necessary tools and processes to do both print and web work, has the site been proeprly developed...

And I would have to take issue with your anecdotal reference to circulations. I can mention several magazines that I do not subscribe to (or even buy) specifically because they have web based editions; MacWeek, PC Week, Macworld, PC World, PC Computing...

If you have a highly web-literate readership then I would think it would be suicidal to put your content on the web concurrently with your print content.