Re: Go Mets!

Author:Geoff Allen
Posted:10/19/1999; 9:11:45 AM
Topic:Go Mets!

Jacob,

Terms, yes. I think the less you understand baseball, the more boring it will be. Conversely, the more you understand baseball, the more fascinating you find every detail of every event on the field.

This game is a religion. Well, for Dave anyway. ":-)" Some of us really like baseball, but don't go quite that far.

This game is American. And Latin American! I mean, the Dominican Republic is a tiny country on half of a tiny island in the Carribbean, and how many major league players are from there? And Cuba! My goodness, people have to escape from that country to play, and there are still several major league players from Cuba. The Japanese and Koreans, for some reason, have latched on to baseball as well, but, yeah, baseball is American.

Soccer is not American. This is almost certainly true, with the exception of about 1 week after the US Women won the World Cup, but note how quickly that faded....