Re: Go Mets!

Author:Greg Pierce
Posted:10/19/1999; 9:09:39 AM
Topic:Go Mets!

Soccer is not American and probably never will be. In fact it's probably UN-American.

Back to your initial point about Baseball....Soccer is boring! (just a personal opinion--probably an "american" one).

90 minutes of back and forth, back and forth, for what? 1-0 final...or worse yet 0-0, with overtime, and eventually the always unrepresentative penalty shots? argh.

I'll stick with baseball.

And I don't think your point about the terminology is fair. Every specialization has it's own terminology--just like us computer geeks can't be understood by most of the population when we get talking. The terms work within the frame of knowledge...call it baseball-eze.

g.