Jeff Bezos' Patent

Author:Tucker Goodrich
Posted:10/22/1999; 8:58:24 AM
Topic:Jeff Bezos' Patent

I thought patents weren't supposed to be "obvious"? What idiot at the Patent office thought the notion of buying something by clicking once was not obvious?

I think the notion of giving patents for this and Priceline's model are incredibly dangerous. The Patent Office obviously has no idea what an obvious idea or even prior art is when it comes to the Internet.