PacBell Tales

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:11/4/1999; 11:41:52 AM
Topic:PacBell Tales

10:41AM: According to the ISP, in routine maintenence last Thursday, PacBell downgraded our line from a T1 to less than ISDN throughput. At 4PM yesterday they gave us back our T1.

That's pretty drastic!

Last week I tried to access Pacbell's web page information on DSL here in San Marcos, CA. The actual webpage that would allow input from me to do the calculations to determine if I am eligible for DSL, is broken. I wrote the webmster about that condition, no reply.

Yesterday, I wrote the sales people at PacBell about the matter. I have heard nothing back yet.

Some companies just don't get it that they need to monitor their email and websites much better.