Scripting.Com Redirects

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/4/1999; 12:26:17 PM
Topic:A question for Apache gurus

Here's the list of files that have been redirected.

http://static.userland.com/misc/scriptingComRedirects.html

There's a comment at the top of the page that gives you a rough idea of how many of the links might possibly work.

I've already discovered some interesting serendipity. For example, all the links in the old bug-report website get you to a page that asks a question that we all want to know the answer to.

What is Frontier?

";->"

Sample script

Here's the source code of the script I used to do the conversion.

http://samples.userland.com/stories/storyReader$47

This really is cross platform. I ran the script on NT, reading a folder that resides on Linux, from a website that's coming from the Mac. I'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere.

The new home page is linked in

So the next step is to link the new location of the home page into the flow of changes to the SN HP. That's been done, you can see the result here:

http://test23a.userland.com/default.html

It should *always* match the content of http://www.scripting.com/.