Re: LinkWatcher problems?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/8/1999; 9:56:07 AM
Topic:weblog search engine

Ahhh, that makes sense, and explains what's going on. I totally understand the value of the scan you do. Now I understand the limits.

I can and have linked to Jorn's FAQ. Probably will do it again. But I'm putting together a site with resources for people doing weblogs, and it would make sense to have his FAQ as a fixture, but there's a problem here, so we'll probably come up with a way to do our own linking system.

I think I'm going to give the LinkWatcher idea a try. We have extra bandwidth on our servers, it wouldn't be a big deal to read a couple of hundred HTML files once an hour and list the ones that changed inr everse-chronologic order. I know I would use it, for the same reasons you did your site.