Re: LinkWatcher problems?

Author:Michal Wallace
Posted:11/8/1999; 9:45:20 AM
Topic:weblog search engine

The list only shows the 75 most recently "noticed" weblogs. It only looks at 15 every hour... So it may take a few hours to notice a change in someone's blog. That's a temporary situation, because I'll be getting my own server in the next few months.

The idea behind linkwatcher was that some people don't update their weblog for several days, or even weeks... and I got in the habit of not checking every day.. So the purpose is to remind me (and everyone else) to visit less frequently updated blogs.

The list isn't proprietary, but there's not yet an easy way to see the whole thing. I suspect you've got a larger list already.

What do you want to compete for? Viewers? Kudos? I don't get any compensation whatsoever for having people see the thing except the occasional compliment :) ... It's mostly there for me, but I make it public so other people don't have to write their own bots or do the work themselves... So, I probably wouldn't be much competition..

You know, there's no cosmic law of the universe that says you have to link only to people who link to you... :)

-michal