Re: Finding XML standard DTDs

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:11/19/1999; 1:36:54 PM
Topic:Finding XML standard DTDs

The CPAN-like sites are <http://XML.org/>, <http://biztalk.org/>, and <http://schema.net/>. I've not heard of a published DTD for calendering, but I've heard many mentions of them in some projects or lists (mostly xml-dev and comp.text.xml).

There is a XML version of vCard (contact info) as an Internet Draft. I read once on their site that they were also intending to XMLize vCalender (the calender, event, and notification info), but I haven't seen the results. You may want to take a look at vCalendar anyway, even though it's not in XML yet. Most simple calendar events are in the 5 to 20 line range, complex events grow from there. vCard and vCalendar info is available at <http://www.imc.org/pdi/>