Re: Usability fork

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:11/19/1999; 2:50:35 PM
Topic:Why Linux Won't Splinter

I'd like to see BeOS-style named attributes in the VFS layer.

Just for the sake of aesthetics I'd like the option of a totally graphical boot process. (There are probably already patches for this.)

The kernel used to have a lot of multimedia deficiencies, but most of them are gone in 2.4.

I think 99% of the usability problems are in userspace, but the general point is that you can't assume that any single component is immune from usability issues.