Fixing Manila Calendar HTML

Author:Richard Sexton
Posted:12/13/1999; 4:16:41 PM
Topic:Fixing Manila Calendar HTML

I duno if this has been posted before but here goes...

Ever notice that "Sat" in the Manila calendar is misaligned on IE4.5 for Macintosh? This seems to happen on all out-of-box Manila sites but will sometimes go away when the site is rebuilt.

There is a pretty simple solution for this. It's just spacing... Here's the original HTML for the days row:

If you take out the whitespace between every /td then you will no longer see this problem. I know this sounds like voodoo but it's a well known, if not well understood, browser bug that's common to most browsers. Weird that it's only showing up in IE 4.5 Mac.

As a rule, avoid that whitespace for tight table layouts. You can also take out the row height attribute which most browsers seem to ignore.

BTW, what's with the font tag? CSS would be much cleaner. On the other hand, you'd need to use different stylesheets for Mac/Windows/Other to get the size right.

Here's the fixed HTML with a few improvements. Is it possible for me to update the calendar script myself? Where does it live?