Hosting a Manila site

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:12/27/1999; 5:14:31 PM
Topic:Hosting a Manila site

So if I owned a portion of an ISP, and even though it didn't fit my personal tastes and desires I thought Manila was going to take over the world, and I wanted to spend a couple o' bucks and send my partners in crime something that they could plug in and forget about except for changing the backup tapes occasionally, what would I need?

An NT box and a copy of Frontier, obviously. But how are you handling the DNS? With a Mac? Do I need to cobble some sort of XML-RPC to BIND system? And what else am I missing?

I don't know that such a service fits in their business model, or even what that business model is given that you're giving away editthispage.com services free (although I assume that you'll start doing ads or something eventually), but it seems a reasonable proposition that every ISP have a box stuffed in a corner somewhere to do this stuff.