Re: MacBird license draft

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/31/1999; 1:48:29 PM
Topic:MacBird license draft

Apache's agreement is not what we want. It mostly covers the use of the trademark. We don't care about the use of the MacBird trademark. We're giving that to the world too.

FreeBSD is simpler, but they still have restrictions that we don't want.

The more I study this, now that I have an interest in figuring it out, the more the "open" or "free" people really seem to be total control freaks, sometimes with an axe to grind.