Re: Rant

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:1/6/2000; 5:18:09 PM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

The MacOS does include an HTML rendering library in the operating system, as of MacOS 9. One place that it's used is in the new HTML-based help system.

I had seen postings about that, but I wasn't certain if it was there for programmers etc to use freely and safely. Which is why I hedged by saying "may or may not".

By safely I mean it's now a permanent part of the OS and there are no strings attached, it's documented, and the use of which is encouraged and supported by Apple.