Re: Fighting Back for the Mac™

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:1/9/2000; 3:57:40 PM
Topic:Now it makes more sense

I cannot say I disagree with you. All I can say is that soon you will have a quite capable alternative to MSIE only.

All you have to say is "show me the money (browser)", and all I can say is "soon".

One thing I'd like to say about NS5.0 (This is just an aside, not an attempt to change or convince anyone of anything OK?)- what is really happening and what has been taking some of the time is that what mozilla folks really are building is not just specifically a browser. its a system for building web enabled applications using xml

A browser is something that is being build "on top" of this. The browser is really just one example of what kind of application you can build using mozilla. Other examples are the mail application, the IRC client, the newsreader, and other things.

These other things are being built by folks like me who dont know a thing about C++ and are using javascript, xul, and css.

So anyway, I just want to say in not too distant future you will have another alternative to play around with if you so desire.