A virtual newscaster? What if she read manila news pages?

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:1/17/2000; 9:55:34 AM
Topic:A virtual newscaster? What if she read manila news pages?

Have you heard of Annanova yet? Here's a quote:

Imagine a virtual friend who can read every newspaper and web site, digest every TV and radio broadcast and filter it into a format that meets our individual needs and interests. This will be a personal assistant that no one will want to be without.

http://www.ananova.com/

It would be really interesting if someone could come up with something like this which could read RSS news headlines or tell you what's new with editthispage.com or something.

I think a great start for a more "open" version of annanova would be at haptek's site. They have a very realistic human/non-human simulator which runs as a plugin, but can "speak" anything you send to it.

http://www.haptek.com