Patent Resistance

Author:Stan Krute
Posted:1/17/2000; 1:02:23 PM
Topic:Patent Resistance

Resist patents.

That's my position.

Why feed the lawyers ??

Why add energy to a system that's broken vis-a-vis most computer-related topics (the web, user interface, and fundamental comp. sci. algorithms) ??

(And don't get me going on the truly-profane patenting of DNA tweaks ....)

I'm eatin' regular, and I don't do patents. Never will. Feels good.

stan

ps -- a friend of mine got involved in Microsoft's patent efforts years back. I've always felt sad about that.