Re: Habits of the book buying public

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:1/18/2000; 4:14:06 AM
Topic:Habits of the book buying public

Personally, I'm more offended at Microsoft for having the gall to patent style sheets. I think that it would be hypocritical *for me* to boycott Amazon while continuing to use MS products.

hmm. has Microsoft sued anyone for implementing style sheets? have they successfully used this patent to force any of their competitors to deliver inferior products? what have I missed?

or do you mean that you're offended by the fact that companies can own patents, and not over how certain companies abuse their patents?

(btw, has Microsoft *ever* used patents to block their competition? they have been sued a few times themselves, but have they ever sued anyone else?)