Free BeOS

Author:Matthew R. Wilson
Posted:1/18/2000; 9:20:14 AM
Topic:Free BeOS

Be has received its fair share of mentions on Scripting News, so I thought it might be interesting to everyone that Be has announced later this quarter Be will be freely available for personal, non-commercial use. Information is available at http://www.be.com/products/freebeos/

It looks like they have devised a way to make the BeOS live in the Windows filesystem, so you don't need to partition your drives or anything to try out the OS. I'm still not clear on whether this will work with my NTFS filesystem.

Personally, I think this is really cool! I ran one of the early beta preview versions of Be on my Mac a long time ago, but I haven't seen any of the released versions.