Re: Explicit Feature List

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/20/2000; 6:05:22 AM
Topic:Explicit Feature List

Thanks for asking Michael. It's been discussed here in various threads. There's only one feature I am looking for. But first, I refer you to the people who are pushing HTML to its limits on EditThisPage.Com, who are my teachers on this subject.

UserLand does not push the browser to their limit. All our sites are usable on 4.x level browsers, and will continue to be, for the forseeable future. (But a caveat, things are changing, the forseeable future may only be a matter of months.)

The one feature I am looking for is the ability to embed the MSIE HTML renderer in my app. That's it. I don't need it until mid-late of 2000. Such a capability exists on Windows, but not on the Mac. Further, at a technical level, it probably exists, because Outlook Express shares this code with MSIE on the Mac.