Concept of the day

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:1/21/2000; 11:22:12 AM
Topic:Concept of the day

From the Zope Newbies page (http://weblogs.userland.com/zopeNewbies/)

And if we put Manila on a "thin" box like a RaQ3, would it be a "Manila wafer?"

Cood Quote. Catchy Name.

You know.

On second thought.

I want one. In fact, I want a rack of them. I'd like to be able to call up Penguin or someone of their ilk and order a Manila Wafer. Put it down, key in an IP and a serial number and be good to go. Preinstalled and everything, with a Cd of an image of the initial configuration. Give me a year+ warranty on the HW. Make it work out of the box with no futzing on the OS config. Have VNC/timbuktu/X screen sharing installed.

Make it ~ $2500 for HW + Software and capable of current p3/500 ish performance.

If I need to scale, I want one fedexed for delivery tomorrow. Cheap enough that I have one as a cold spare.

Is there enough demand to make a market? Dunno. I still want one.

eric