Playing with PikeRenderer

Author:Michael Rose
Posted:3/3/2000; 9:42:19 AM
Topic:Playing with PikeRenderer

Late on a Friday afternoon when I should be doing other things....

I took PikeRenderer out for another test drive. Most everything 'just works', even in Manila. Shortcuts and macros seem to all work as expected. Very nice.

So then I decided to get brave and took one of my stories and replaced the body string with the sample pikerenderer outline. It rendered perfectly and had the Edit This Page button at the bottom. I tried editing it, using tabs for indenting, but of course (obvious in hindsight) it got updated as a string rather than as an outline. Would a simple test to send it back to the story table with it's original type (string or outline) solve this or is there more involved?

Of course I could do the work I'm supposed to be doing and wait a couple of weeks for Pike, but this is more fun.