Re: Verisign and NSI

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:3/7/2000; 11:55:15 AM
Topic:Verisign and NSI

Here's the story: I cannot be removed from their DB as the admin contact for dogswoods.com unless they get another person as the contact. I'm supposed to submit the other person's contact information. They want either myself or the Korean guy who got me into this pickle to remove me from their admin contact. At first I refused to have anything to do with it, since I would be acting as the admin if I did, and I am not the admin contact for this site.

However, an idea formed... I can pick any victim that I like (or dislike) and make them be the admin contact for "dogswoods.com". Since at this time the people I like least are NSI, I will transfer administrative privileges to this domain to NSI's admin contact. Let them deal with it.

Paul Hardwick, thanks for coming up with this suggestion at the same time I was considering it! This is laughable, there is absolutely no security in this system and I can list President Clinton as the admin contact for www.hotchildporn.com, if I want to. Sheesh.