Dave, an answer to your MDI problem

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:3/10/2000; 4:53:22 AM
Topic:Dave, an answer to your MDI problem

everybody into the wayback machine...

http://davenet.userland.com/1997/11/10/HoustontoAustin

And if all apps were MDI, the task bar at the bottom of the screen would actually work. As it stands now, the non-MDI apps clutter the task bar at the bottom of the screen. Nine out of ten items in the list are windows that I wished I could get rid of! Ooops. The UI doesn't work.

(The two biggest offenders on my system are the file system Explorer and the Internet Explorer, both from Microsoft.)

Check out http://www.katiesoft.com/gallery.html - this product (about which I know nothing more than what their webpage says, I've no affiliation with them whatsoever) appears to give you just what you want.

Well, in a way.

-Steven http://Mumble.EditThisPage.com