Re: What's The Reason? Conspiracy?

Author:David Valentine
Posted:3/17/2000; 10:13:40 AM
Topic:Oil Gas Prices -- What's The Reason?

It's gotta be a conspiracy, it's the American way, and it's the democrats fault. ;)

The democrats got a 4.7 cents a gallon tax past a while back, and eliminating that tax will help people when it's gone up 70 cents a gallon. What does Bush think we are, stupid? If anything, he authorize the Texas legislature to back loans to small oil well owners to put wells which were idled back into production. But that doesn't provide immediate relief either.

* Are we consuming too much oil, like, much more than last year this time and there isn't enough supply capacity?
yes.
* Or is there a genuine problem with oil supplies dwindling and demand rising?
yes.
* Or is there some secret war that we don't hear about that's causing supply problems?
no
* Or maybe we're being held hostage by OPEC?
Yup. Arab has me locked in a closet right now. Save me please. (also known as give me a break)
* Or maybe it's just greed on the part of the big oil companies?
Yup, BP-Amoco-exoon merger needs to be paid off quickly.
* Or even more bizarre, maybe its a Republican scheme to make the Demos look bad? The major oil companies certainly are not friendly to the Demos and some of them are based in Texas (hint hint)..
give me a break