Parachute?

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:3/27/2000; 10:44:43 AM
Topic:Parachute?

"At dinner last night I told the story of my company and likened the last year to jumping out of a plane with no parachute. One of my dinner friends said that's crazy. So I said OK, you have a parachute. Later I thought about it and realized that there is no parachute. Not only do you have to create the parachute while you're in free-fall, you also have to invent the damned thing!"
Don't you also need to check for the patent on the parachute before you start to invent it? ;-)