Re: XML-RPC Spell Checker

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/14/2000; 9:50:58 AM
Topic:XML-RPC Spell Checker

Perhaps the first step should be to have a web form that asks for a host name and dg message number, and spell-checks the contents of the message (by making an xml-rpc call to get the text of the message).

The result isn't returned via xml-rpc, it's just displayed on the page. Once the UI is worked out, we can integrate the functionality in Manila. The key is to not bind the spell-checker into any single vendor's software, to clearly define an interface that allows any CMS to hook in.

BTW, David Adams of Stuffed Dog is working on one too. I asked him if we could help, or if he would make his word list public. If there's going to be more than one of these, great, but let's be sure we have compatible xml-rpc interfaces.