Re: ArsDigita University

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:4/17/2000; 7:51:05 AM
Topic:Re: ArsDigita University

ArsDigita just got $53M in financing, so they need to expand rapidly. So donate some money to the foundation (big tax writeoff) and use it to train people in CS and particularly the ArsDigita Community System, and then hire those people.

I'm not that cynical, but I don't take everything at face value either...

Oh, you're probably right, but they're up front about it. There's a place on the web site that says that they need quality programmers and that's why they teach and offer their course materials for free. If you can make it through and do the exercises they'll consider hiring you.

http://photo.net/teaching/boot-camp.html

The salaries make me sigh...maybe I should do an undergraduate degree in computer science, instead of a PhD in educational technology?

David