Re: Python and CGI

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:4/21/2000; 7:39:55 AM
Topic:Python and CGI

How Python compare to Perl (Linux/Apache) for doing CGI.?

Probably about the same. Maybe more productive because Python is easier to program. But more people use Perl, so you might find what you need is already written.

Also, how fast is the connection to mySQL? I heard that its not fine as what Perl as to offer.

I've no idea. Try it and see if it's fast enough for you.

And last but not least, is there a fast equivalent of Python to HTML::Mason (Perl) or PHP?

Yes. It's called Zope.

No one leaves Python to use Perl for Web programming. People switch from Perl to Python. A generalisation to be sure, but generally true.