Re: Email to Brian Behlendorf

Author:Oliver Breidenbach
Posted:4/24/2000; 9:47:19 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

And don't underestimate Bill Gates. He's brilliant. One of the highest IQ people I've ever met.

I don´t. I think his brilliance makes him even more dangerous. I can only measure him by what I know about his company which is probably quite unfair, but if you are brilliant, it is easy to exploit people who are not as clever and don´t see it coming.

The fact is, few people are actually able to see how bad Word and Excel really are, because few people know how much better it could be. Of course, a lot of people don´t need better software because they are managed by Dilbert´s boss and do stupid things all day anyways.

I am using Manila to author web pages because it is much smarter than Frontpage although it has much less features.

I don´t believe that technology solves all problems, but at least it should not cause new ones. I think this should be top priority when developing software.

Cheers,

Oliver.