Re: Email to Brian Behlendorf

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:4/25/2000; 9:23:58 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Quotable Quotes Department!

few people are actually able to see how bad [their software really is], because few people know how much better it could be. Of course, a lot of people don´t need better software because they are managed by Dilbert´s boss and do stupid things all day anyways.

I don´t believe that technology solves all problems, but at least it should not cause new ones. I think this should be top priority when developing software.

First, do no harm. Now, where have I heard that before?

Ah, yes...Hippocrates. But a rule equally appropriate to software, or to any other area of life, so far as I'm concerned. So why are only doctors required to swear to abide by it?

- Sam