Re: Music Player: Competition

Author:David Valentine

One more question: Why did the music player in Win 2k improve?

My answer: Competition. Real Jukebox has similar features.

The next question: Would Microsoft's answer be "We improved it to match the competition" or "Our new Audio Player is an innovation in music playing technology"?

And, one final question: Is there an example of where MS did innovation in an area where there was no competition? Does MS innovate when there are no market forces?