Re: The nonsense of removing IE

Author:mike donellan

Just dumping my thoughts on this here:

MSIE is on Mac now [who'd ever have imagined Mac users actually liking a MS browser and using it?] and probably will find it's way onto Linux boxes soon... perhaps not, but that's an angle I bet they pursue. Either way, the differences between Windows and Mac versions of the current 5.5 IE make me think that some focus and communication between those two development teams is definitely needed.

Making the browser team(s) a separate entity - forced to work together to keep it all afloat - I think will help eliminate that to an extent. As others have mentioned, another smart direction for MS to move is for WINE implementation on Linux as well for all their apps, and even their OSes... for there are a lot of *dual-booters* out there, if for no other reason than gaming.