Re: Scanners

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/30/2000; 1:29:38 PM
Topic:Scanners

I think I was pretty clear. I'd like to have it work either way. Either serve directly from the scanner or copy it from the browser, deal with it and then put it somewhere else for serving.

I know what most people do. But I made a mistake. Adobe told me to get ImageReady, so that's what I got and what I learned, slowly with much trouble. Then they changed their mind. Forgive me, I made a mistake, I did what they told me to do (they said this was the photo editor for web developers).

Whatever. I wrote a pretty clear spec a few years ago, at the time I got emails from scanner people from big scanner companies saying they Got It, but here it is 2.5 years later and still no product.