Re: Workgroup scanner

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:4/30/2000; 1:49:26 PM
Topic:Workgroup scanner

Why is it a nightmare?

USB and Firewire are about as painless as protocols can be. Firewire is even covering SANs which do for storage what you want for scanning. Other interfaces are nightmares which is why they are going away.

TWAIN is as established a standard as you'll find for scanning and should work on any platform. I don't much worry about buying a scanner for the Mac (in spite of what it says on the side of the box). So long as it can physically connect to the machine, I expect there will be a TWAIN driver to support it.