Re: The nonsense of removing IE

Author:Robert Cassidy

I know that it's hard. But specs are hard also, and who's resolving those but W3C.

Why not ask them to ensure that there is a uniform implementation of what they've worked so hard to build. I'm not asking them to write it, just to oversee that is written - they can use MS for all I care, so long as it supports all of the standards and is available for general use as an engine. There are a number of groups working on the engine: MS, iCab, Opera, Omni, Mozilla, and so on. I'm sure one of them would be willing to take on the hard work in exchange for some funding and a requirement that they actually deliver on what they seem to be promising in their press releases. Most of them are giving away their product anyhow.

There's tons of room to do work around the engine - MS has shown that pretty clearly, but the problem lies with standards support, so ask the people defining the standards to provide their implementation and ask the people that will build around it to provide the funding since they seem so inept at doing it themselves. Why is that such a radical concept?