W3C Standards, RESPECT!

Author:Karl Dubost

Robert Cassidy wrote:
I know that it's hard. But specs are hard also, and who's resolving those but W3C.

Do you know how the W3C is organized? We are 60 people, from various domain. The working groups are composed from developpers (the members) from the industry (Apple, Microsoft, Netscape, Userland, etc.). They are working hard under the control/help of a W3C employee to collaborate, develop the standards.

OK, People developing standards or recommendation are smart people, but when they come back to their home... They're in front of marketing people, with sometimes different goals.

How the recommendations could be respected?
If you have any ideas, I will be very happy to read them here!

There's already a testbed platform for the recommendation: Amaya (browser/editor), Jigsaw (collaborative http), validator tools, ... Everyone could pick up the program and try to implement things.