Re: The nonsense of removing IE

Author:Andrew Z

"I wasn't talking about MS, I was talking about the theoretical new company that spun out of MS with just IE."

Me too. But any theoritical company is just that, theoretical. I think if such a thing is to happen it will likely to rely heavily on things and behaviors they currently have. I'd like the resulting company to be a service provider selling colutions that support 100% internet standards.

"Having watched mostly from the sidelines at the glacial pace of standards work, I'm not so sure I would hold any company up to measurement by standards support."

True. But Mozilla is coming, Opera has pretty good supprt, etc. With the resources MS/the next company will have, they should be able to supply full standards. No other company has been found a monopoly here. I guess It's a moral argument that a monopoly support open standards 100% THEN add their own thing.