Legacy features

Author:Bryce

When things are no longer competition, they seem to dissappear. NT4 had software OpenGl. NT5 no software openGL.

MS rarely drops support for any API or feature, backwards compatibility is crucial to getting people to pay for OS upgrades. My freshly built W2K Server still has OpenGL screen savers and lots of other useless crud that my web servers (or laptop) won't ever need, like Win16, OS2 and POSIX subsystems.

Any video card that works under NT/W2K supports OpenGL. If something doesn't have an accellerated/optomized driver, blame the vendor for failing to adequately support the dominant platform.

-Bryce