The beginning of the Great Web Shakeout?

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:5/1/2000; 8:57:58 AM
Topic:The beginning of the Great Web Shakeout?

From a Smartage e-mail:

"We're very sorry to announce that our Excite Affiliate Network has been discontinued. Excite content will no longer be updated and served to your site, and it is important to remove the Excite HTML from your website within the next 5 days to facilitate this change."

Surely they're kidding. Anyone know anything about this? Due to what? Financial tiff? Cluelessness? Is this a hack?

Curioser and curioser: http://www.smartagenews.com/ shows the default IIS install screen, although http://www.smartage.com/ is still working.

The beginning of the Great Web Shakeout?

David