Re: PS: Don't open email enclosures, ever.

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/5/2000; 8:51:02 AM
Topic:Virus from Manila

This is the strongest anti-breakup argument I've heard so far. Security is the thing you want coordinated between apps and the OS. That there's no sandbox for enclosures to run in is something Microsoft could solve that many people would say "Good Job Guys" if they actually dealt with it.

The Buddhist philosophy of What You Want is What You Have has never been more clearly demo'd imho. Microsoft must want everyone to hate them. What an opportunity to do a white paper that all security conscious sysadmins could applaud, even the most zealous Open Source advocates. "Here are the issues," says Microsoft, "and here's how we propose to address them."