Re: Firewalls, Hooray

Author:Dave Winer

I don't agree, we tried it that way, and it was unworkable.

I don't know how to explain it any better than I already have. The documents live on the Net. When I'm looking at a document and I want to edit it, I have to tell the document that. If I bring Pike to the front at that point and somehow navigate to the document through another navigation system that's a lot of work that I don't want to do.

Re running it on a port other than 80, that's entirely up to the user. I have Pike running on port 81 because my desktop machine is running an HTML over HTTP server on port 80. It's completely user-configurable.

I have a feeling I'm debating people who have never used Pike and don't really know what it does and how it works. I could be wrong of course.

"dorothy"