Re: Firewalls, Hooray

Author:William Crim

Not just that. Pike works kind of like X Windows. In that the whole Client/Server model is reversed. The thing I run on my machine is the server, where the web server in question is the client. You click on the Pike button, then it sends the stuff in question to your Pike running locally.

The X-Windows people knew this was only useful on local networks, because connectivity and security was such a hassle.