Re: Alternate approach (was Re: Firewalls, Hooray)

Author:James J. Vornov

Sam-

I couldn't resist throwing in the patent question. I never know when I'm kidding, so I never expect others to know.

If your idea were a better way to make a disk drive- simple elegant and very powerful, it would be patented, even it only made it to prototype and was never marketed. Look at how unobvious your simple solution was to everyone else. Had it been patented, the solution would be in a public database and owned, rather than just in your head.

James