Re: Open services talk

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/11/2000; 9:49:32 AM
Topic:Open services talk

Ken, is your Web RPCs paper on the web so people can read it?

BTW, we do both forms of XMLing. We have a huge library of static XML files representing the syndicated story flow for My.UserLand. It's really grown quite large, and scales well, and is useful.

OTOH, we believe we must use XML-RPC for preferences distribution, to connect with the search engine and to link editors with the CMS. Polling won't work, imho, in those apps. Same with the scriptable spell-checker, when someone breaks through there, it will be an RPC app, it can't be built on static files.

Initially we programmed My.UserLand to be much more dependent on XML-RPC but found that approach too complicated. But the whole RSS network, which is also growing huge, is based on static XML files (or virtual static ones).