Re: Security holes, Law, and Control

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:5/11/2000; 11:07:52 AM
Topic:Security holes, Law, and Control

Ernest, thanks for the clarifications. I had taken this perhaps more extremely than you had meant, as well:
Let's look to the law to fix this "hole". If it isn't tough enough, we make it tougher. Sometimes, a procedural control is better than a functional one.

I can deal with this a lot better, and agree:

some will need both.

I just want to make sure we don't quit trying to keep the bad guys out merely because there are cops & lawyers to deal with 'em later.

-Steven